Tuesday, October 13: Revelation 18- Song of sadness.

How sad, how sad when someone’s destruction is memorialized in a song. This is precisely what this chapter is all about.

The destruction of Babylon is lamented in song.

Babylon, the great harlot, the earthly representation of the enemy of God is destroyed. How sad.

I thought…we all get our just desserts. We will all get what we deserve. God’s people get salvation and God’s enemies get destruction.

Thinking about the lament for Babylon fired off my own thoughts. I wonder what songs will be sung at my end? Will people sing for my destruction or express sadness and grief because I am gone?  I wondered what songs will be sung for me?

How I live will determine people’s reaction at my death. How you live will determine people’s reaction at your death, too.

Think about it…

Lord, I pray for fortitude to live wisely, to carve a positive and helpful path in life that touches and blesses people because I am living in line with Your will and way. Give me strength to live this way and correct me when I begin to stray. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment