Tuesday, October 27: 1Timothy 2- One mediator.

This chapter is not without its testing verses, but it also carries one of clearest and most succinct statements of the salvation message in the New Testament. And it is that one sentence that I choose to ponder and meditate. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time (5-6).

The salvation message of the Bible is perfectly clear, Jesus is the way of salvation because Jesus alone paid the ransom price for all who believe in Him. His ransom was given for all but only those who believe in Him receive and take His gift of salvation.

As a recipient of God’s salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, I can claim no superiority or sense of righteousness in and of myself. No, His ransom payment was a gift and I believe that even the faith to believe in Him is grace… It is all about Jesus… and I am and will forever be grateful to the One who paid my much deserved ransom for me!

Today, I simply sit with, delight in and thank God for the gift of Jesus and His atoning ransom on the cross.

Thank You, Jesus! Thank You for the all the grace and love You have shown me and the world by coming and dying for us. Thank You, too, Jesus for teaching so clearly the way of God.

Grant me the grace please, to live faithfully for You all the days of my life until You call and I live the rest of eternity with You, praising You in glory. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment