Saturday, December 12: Matthew 24- No one knows the time or hour.

Jesus is perfectly clear that no one knows the time of His return (36). But rather than live in uncertainty, Jesus gives us a recipe to be prepared for His sure return in verses 44-46:

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns.

To be ready for the return of Jesus we should be tending to our God-given tasks. In simple words, we should be living for Jesus.

Every once in a while people get whipped into a frenzy about Jesus’ return. I generally feel like an oddball but I don’t get into that frenzy since God says we won’t know the day or hour. Instead I take comfort that if I am doing the things of God, I will be ready. And what are some of those things of God?

Am I growing in His Word; both knowledge and living of it?

Am I exhibiting the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) in greater abundance?

Am I helping fuel the advance of God’s Kingdom?

Am I loving, brother, neighbor, friend and foe?

This is a tall list and I am certainly not in the top 10% anywhere, but am I growing and seeking in my love and following of Jesus?

How about you? If you are, then you are ready, too.

Lord, I look forward to the day You return, Jesus. Come, Lord Jesus. Come, Jesus, bring Your justice and rule… that all the world will know You Are Lord. Halleluiah!  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment