Wednesday, December 16: Matthew 27- I really do need a savior.

I found myself pondering Judas and the religious leaders. Judas has remorse upon Jesus’ arrest so he returns the blood money he was paid to give up Jesus. The religious leaders really don’t care. They are hell bent on their plan and they stuck to it despite the star witness saying Jesus was innocent.

These men of the Law, supposedly righteous men, did not care an ounce about truth or innocence; they only cared that Jesus was out of the way.

They were blinded to the ideals of their religion, which they attempted to live scrupulously.

These religious leaders remind me that we, humans, can rationalize virtually anything. We can be cold hearted and calculating of evil to any degree.

We are a wretched bunch.

And, oh, do I, do we, need a Savior.

In fact, the remainder of this chapter is God’s story of redemption for people like you and me, like the religious leaders, even like Judas. God offers salvation, forgiveness, and a new start to everyone. All a person needs to do is reach out and accept God’s free gift by believing in Jesus and His atoning work on the cross…

Most of the religious leaders missed this. Judas, who walked with Jesus for three years, missed this. Please don’t make the same mistake. Reach out to Jesus by faith and believe in Him… please. It is your only way to forgiveness and salvation.

O, God, through faith in Jesus, forgive me. Redeem me. Save me, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment