Thursday, December 3: Matthew 16- Who do you believe Jesus is?.

Jesus asked his disciples profound questions, “Who do people say I am? What about you, who do you say I am?” (13-15).

At some point, concretely or indirectly, everyone answers those questions. The first one is relatively safe. To answer, one only needs to know the basic options. It is safe because it does not require a personal commitment.

The second question is in an entirely different league. It calls us to go on record. It calls us to make a choice and a decision.

This is no ordinary question. How a person answers this question makes an eternal difference. To believe Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the living God, is to acknowledge Him as Lord of one’s life. And that is the doorway to salvation… the only doorway to salvation in the Scriptures.

Are you willing to name Jesus as the Messiah and Lord and your Lord and Messiah? I am and I will go on record proclaiming so…

Jesus, Lord and Savior, I bow to You. I believe You are God’s one and only Son and the only means of salvation. I believe that You died for the world, becoming the substitionary atonement for everyone who believes in You.

I put my faith in You and I love You and I will follow and obey You.

Father God, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus. I am Yours as I am His. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment