Wednesday, December 30: James 4- Sin -what I do and do not do.

Too often when I think about sin, I think about things I should not do… most of the 10 Commandments begin “You shall not…” However, James reminded me that there are sins of omission as well as commission.

Verse 17: If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

So according to James, when I know I should do something (for example something that fulfills the commandment to love God and neighbor) and I do not do it, I sin.

This causes me to have to think… and thinking reminds me how often I really do sin!!!!

Not good…

My, do I need a savior. I don’t even come close to living up to God’s ways.

Dear Jesus, I constantly fall short. I am regularly sinning.   Forgive me, dear Lord. I need Your forgiveness deeply and repeatedly.

Thank You for taking my sins and paying my debt. I am eternally grateful. I love You, Lord. In Your name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment