Tuesday, December 29: James 3- What do I say on social media?.

The tongue… James hits this topic hard! And it drives me to consider how I use my tongue? Do I flatter or tell the truth? Do I build up or tear down? Do I sow seeds of doubt and/or dissention or harmony? Do I use it to show love or express hate? Do my words usher in peace or carry fear?

Interestingly, a thought popped into my head… it is not simply how I use the words that usher from my lips, but also the words that I write and words that I post on social media.

What if I took those questions above and used them to review my social media posts before I clicked ‘post’.

I reviewed those questions with Facebook or Twitter accounts in mind.

Do I flatter or tell the truth?

Do I build up or tear down?

Do I sow seeds of doubt and/or dissention or harmony?

Do I use it to show love or express hate?

Do my words usher in peace or carry fear?

Maybe I should ask myself a series of questions like this before I post something on the internet.

I think the world would be a better place if everyone did that. If that is my hope, then I need to start living that way.

Think about it…

Lord, may the words of my mouth and my online posts bring more peace and harmony into the world. May the words of my mouth and my online posts show Your kind of agape love… this is my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment