Friday, November 11: Romans 11- To finish well.

Oh the mysteries of God… that the disobedience and faithlessness of the Jews would lead to Gentiles (me) getting a shot at faith in God and salvation in Jesus!

God’s ways are certainly beyond my ways. I do not comprehend in fullness God’s plan. But what I do know is that through Jesus both Jews and Gentiles have access to faith, salvation and life in God’s kingdom.

One piece that hit me in this chapter was not to get cocky in my new faith. Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off (22).

That word ‘continue’ always gets me. It reminds me to finish strong in my faith in Jesus. Finish strong, finish well… continue in Him!

I spend time at the gym 3-4 days a week, not because I have any delusion about some body-builder type body, but because God has given me one body. And I want to take care of it doing what I can to maintain health so my body functions the best it can particularly as I age. The same is true with my faith; I want to do what I can to maintain my faith so that my faith grows throughout my entire life, for as many years as God gives me this side of eternity.

So I read, study and meditate on the Word, pray, worship, and serve, pour into others and allow them to pour into me. I do this so that my faith stays strong for the long haul.

How about you? What are you doing to continue in His kindness?

Just asking, think about it…

God give me joy in serving You and perseverance to continue in You even when the going is tough and tiring. I love You, Lord. I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment