Saturday, November 5: Romans 6- Vigilence.

 

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! (1-2a, 15)

One of the battles I face emerged in chapter 6. It is the battle to be vigilant against sin in my life. I can grow liaise faire regarding sin. “Oh, it doesn't really matter, it is only a small thing and God will forgive me.” I am not proud but I sometimes have this kind of an attitude.

Paul drives home that we not continue sinning. I realize I will never be perfect, sin does creep into my life, and sometimes it is more like a full-on assault rather than a ‘creep.’

What my heart hears God, the Holy Spirit, saying is that I MUST never become comfortable with sin or justify my sin. Sin is always abhorrent to God. And even though God in His grace saves us while we are yet sinners, we must not ever allow ourselves to justify any personal sin. Instead, we should seek God and offer ourselves to Him for doing good.

Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness (13).

A question on the positive side of these thoughts emerges, “How am I offering myself to God as an instrument of righteousness?”

How are you?

Think about it…

Here I am, Lord, use me. Use me to bring peace to someone troubled, truth to someone confused, love to someone who feels unlovable. I offer myself to You. Use me for Your good. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment