Tuesday, November 22: Psalm 141- Deliver us from evil.

Yesterday I noticed linkages between David’s psalm and the Lord ’s Prayer. Today I noticed another linkage. Verses 3-4 Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil so that I take part in wicked deeds along with those who are evildoers; do not let me eat their delicacies.

Immediately I heard in my head, And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil…

David knows his heart. David knows his propensities. David knows himself and so he prays ‘Protect me, Lord, guard my lips… watch over my heart.’

I am afraid I do not pray this pray often enough…

Lord, guard my heart, put a gate around my lips… lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. This is my morning prayer today, Lord. This is my morning prayer. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment