Friday, November 4: Romans 5- At just the right time.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly (6).

How often in my life does God show up at just the right time?! Over and over again God does this…

Paul reminds us that at just the right time Jesus died for you and me. My thoughts fixated on the phrase at just the right time… That’s the Lord for you. Showing up just when I need him.

And as I sit with this verse it reminds me that God shows up at just the right time not because I deserve it, or I am so special that God is somehow compelled to show up. No, God showed up at just the right time for people who were powerless. We had no options unto ourselves. We were in a frightful state… powerless is the way Paul described it. But then God showed up. Christ died for us… ‘the ungodly.’

A few weeks ago I looked out at my pool and a leaf seemed to be spinning in circles. As I looked closer it wasn’t a leaf… I went out to the pool and saw it was a frightened, soaked, chipmunk swimming in circles, no way of escape. I have no idea how much longer it could have held out. I grabbed my leaf-skimmer on a long pole and scooped him up and put him on the safety of dry ground.

At just the right time God plucked me out of my sin predicament and brought me to Himself, forgiven and justified (yesterday’s lesson).

What God did for me and millions of others He will do for you… call out to Jesus and He will save you.

What a great God we have!!!

Thank you for your gift of salvation, Lord! Thank You for coming to my aid when I wasn’t even looking for You. I praise You and thank You for Your wonderful, unearned salvation. Great are You, Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment