Friday, February 2: 1Chronicles 29- A man after God's heart.

What joy reading this chapter. First there was David. His joy as he presents all he has done to provide for the temple. Not only did he do a masterful job providing the necessary materials, but then he gave liberally from his own resources. His example coupled with his call to other leaders to step up brought in a great offering for the Lord and His temple.

Leading from the front, leading by example, David excelled in this.

Then there was his prayer, totally God focused and God exalting. As I read and prayed along with David, I felt my heart begin to soar, with joy and praise to the Lord. So many prayers I hear these days, seem so earthly, me focused. David’s is looking to the heavens and to the Lord. This prayer reveals much about his heart. David truly was a man after God’s heart. His love for the Lord and devotion to the Lord is inspiring for me. 

Oh, to be a man after God’s own heart like David… Lord, show me how I can grow to be more like David. Lead me, Lord God, into a deeper devotion with You. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment