Saturday, February 3: 2Chronicles 1- What would you wish for?.

What would I ask for if God appeared to me and invited me to ask for anything? If I take that question seriously, I don’t know what I would ask for.

Obviously after reading a chapter like this one, I would like to think I would be noble and selfless and, like Solomon, ask for wisdom or peace throughout the world or food for everyone or…. but….had this question come suddenly out of the blue would I be this selfless? Ugh, I just don’t know!!

When I was a youngster, I remember the hearing the story of Aladdin and I would daydream about being given three wishes by a genie in a bottle. Those wishes were far more self-focused. I would think about what wishes gave me the best benefit. Often my third imaginary wish was for 3 more wishes.

This mental exercise shows me how much of myself remains to be crucified to Christ.

On this eve of worship, Lord, prepare my heart to worship You with Your family tomorrow morning. Soften my heart to be attentive to You, listening for Your voice and following Your lead. I pray for a heart to follow after You. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment