Thursday, February 22: 2Chronicles 17- What are you doing for the Lord?.

Jehoshphat, Asa’s son, was faithful to the Lord. This was my big take-a-way from the chapter. As I sat with that thought I began to see that Jehoshphat’s faithfulness translated into action. Verse 6 helped crystalize this for me. His heart was devoted to the ways of the LORD; furthermore, he removed the high places and the Asherah poles from Judah.

As I chewed on this God seemed to whisper to me, “Bill, where is your faith driving action in your life? Where is your belief in Me causing you to live differently than people who don’t believe in Me?”

And this led me to take an inventory of my life, which I will not journal for all to see. As I pondered my inventory, many, even most of the items I listed I have been doing for years, some since I was a babe in Christ…

It was at that point that the Lord raised the stakes some and queried me again, “Bill, where are some new places or what are some new actions you can do that reveal My life in yours?”

I don’t have immediate answers to this query by the Lord. And this drove me to prayer…

Lord, to copy Isaiah, ‘here am I send me’. Lord, open my eyes to things that break Your heart and break mine and send me forth…. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment