Tuesday, February 27: 2Chronicles 21- He passed away, to no one's regret .

      Verse 20 concludes that may be the worst thing that could be said about anyone... He passed away, to no one’s regret.

That statement seems even worse given the fact that Jehoram reigned as king for 8 years. Nothing he did added any value to his country or his people. Yikes.

On a number of occasions I have read a line about someone and thought, that would make a great epitaph on a tombstone. The comment about Jehoram is the exact opposite. I shudder at the thought that anyone would have this said about them... he/she passed away, to no one’s regret.

Those words cause me to pause and ask, “How is my life benefiting others?” This is not an ego question but rather a question of life’s substance.

Have you ever asked yourself, “How is my life benefitting others?” It’s worth the ask...

Lord, I submit to You and I pray that my life lived in Your power is a blessing to others. I pray this in Jesu’s name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment