Saturday, February 24: 2Chronicles 19.

I felt vindicated for my thoughts yesterday when I read the opening of chapter 19. When Jehoshaphat king of Judah returned safely to his palace in Jerusalem, Jehu the seer, the son of Hanani, went out to meet him and said to the king, “Should you help the wicked and love those who hate the LORD? Because of this, the wrath of the LORD is on you. There is, however, some good in you, for you have rid the land of the Asherah poles and have set your heart on seeking God” (1-3). The Lord called Jehoshaphat on his mixed loyalties.

It seemed that this conversation with the Lord was a spiritual wakeup call for Jehoshaphat, who responded by calling the people back to the Lord.

I began wondering about how I respond to the Lord’s rebuke. Am I willing to change my heart and ways and return to the Lord or do I brood?

This week we had opposite examples in Asa and Jehoshaphat.  Confronted by the Lord, Asa turned his heart from God; Jehoshaphat turned to the Lord.

As I penned the above God said to me, “Whose example will you follow?”

I pray I follow Jehoshaphat. I pray I always turn back to the Lord when I stumble and fall and someone shows me God’s way…

How about you? How do you respond to the Lord’s rebuke?

Oh, God, soften my heart to You. And when you place a plumb line upon my life and find I am out of square, send Your Holy Spirit to help me turn back to You and NEVER away from You. I need Your help, Oh Lord, for I am a mere fallen human being, broken and sin filled. And apart from YOU I can do no good thing. Help me, Lord God. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment