Thursday, February 8: 2Chronicles 5- .

This chapter closes with the placing of the ark in the holy of holies. At that point we read, The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.”

Then the temple of the LORD was filled with the cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the temple of God (13-14).

The imagery of the cloud filling the temple reminded me of the cloud God filled as He led Israel through the desert… cloud by day and fire by night (Exodus xx).

I found myself contemplating the presence of God… here God’s presence is experienced in the cloud. In Theophanys it is through the Angel of the Lord. Moses also experienced the Lord in the still small voice (xx). Most perfectly, humankind has experienced the presence of the Lord in the person of Jesus Christ, the Word become flesh (John 1:1-14).

The presence of God has born His people through across the ages. Moses at one point refused to continue if the presence of God was not with him (Exodus bb).  So important is the presence of God.

How have I and how do I experience the presence of the Lord?

--In the stillness of my quiet time as God gives me a thought or understanding in the text.

--As I speak with Him in prayer and sense His answer or His nearness.

--In worship, particularly in those moments of community praise, when our hearts joined together seem to soar to the throne.

--In moments of hush in worship or in private when I feel enveloped by the Lord.

--When I am engaged is service and ministry for and with Him.

--When the Spirit releases a spiritual gift for ministry.

These are among the many ways I have and do experience the Lord’s presence. How about you?

Oh, Lord, praise be to You for Your presence. Thank You for allowing me to experience You and to do so in different ways… a reminder that You are beyond full understanding. Open my heart that I might seek You and long for You all the days of my life. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment