Thursday, April 8: Revelation 5-

 

Worship intensifies at the throne as the Lamb who was slain enters the picture. It is unmistakable that the Lamb is Jesus and Jesus, together with the one on the throne (God the Father), are worshiped. The scene leaves no doubt Jesus, the Lamb, is God too.

Songs of worship and acts of adoration erupt with the presence of the Lamb…

"You are worthy to take the scroll

and to open its seals,

because you were slain,

and with your blood you purchased men for God

from every tribe and language and people and nation.

You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,

and they will reign on the earth." …

 

(Another song breaks out)

"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,

to receive power and wealth and wisdom

and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

 

(And then another)

"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb

be praise and honor and glory and power,

for ever and ever!"
The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped
(9-15).

 

To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb… the elders fell down and worshiped… What a scene!

For the second straight morning my heart is caught up into worship and praise. Oh, what it will be like to join this heavenly chorus and worship our God, THE ONE AND ONLY GOD, face-to-face when I, too, enter the throne room of heaven!

It hit me, in a mystical way. I enter the throne room every time I join together at the church and worship. Each Lord’s Day and every time the church gathers for worship, we join with the heavenly company in worship of our God. Worship is not about me, or a style, it is catching a glimpse of the MAJESTY of our God, Father, Lamb and Spirit, and falling before God in worship. The attention in the throne room is on God, not singers or flying creatures or anything else. So, too, God reminds me in my worship, all my attention should be focused on God and God alone… and nothing else.

A friend and the worship leader at our church regularly remind me, we worship an audience of one, God!

Oh, God, allow me a glimpse of Your majesty. Dear Lamb of God may I be blessed with the smallest glimmer of Your majesty today so that worship will rise within me. To You and You alone will I fall down in utter humbleness and praise. To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be honor and glory and power, for ever and ever. Amen

 

1 comment: