Wednesday, April 14: Revelation 10-Never in doubt

I have come back to this chapter 3 times, now wondering, “Lord, what are you speaking to me through it today?” This brief imagery rich chapter didn’t have an immediate connection to me. But each time I read this chapter, the image of the mighty angel poised like a conqueror standing right foot in the sea and left on the land right hand raised to heaven captured my attention. “There will be no more delay! … the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets" commands the angel (6-7).

In this imagery I saw, yet again, God wins. Make no mistake about it, what the Lord God says will be, will be. God’s decrees are never in doubt.

I may not understand all the images or the specific timing of God’s ultimate victory but God’s victory is assured! End of story!

Then I thought: this message was originally given to people undergoing intense persecution. What amazing assurance this letter and the message of this chapter must have provided for our brothers and sisters giving their lives because Jesus was their Lord!

Jesus, I am reminded as I read this morning, that my future is in Your hands and my future is never in doubt. The earthly specifics of my life are uncertain but my eternal future is secure. You win! Your ultimate day of victory will come… and You will call me to come be with You forever.

 

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your thought that's you have shared with us and thanks for this lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete