Thursday, November 4: Esther 8- Glory to God in the highest.

There are different ways to praise God. People can shout God’s praise, they can dance and sing and proclaim God’s praise. The final sentence, one I don’t recall meditating upon before, reminds me of another way to praise God. Verse 17, In every province and in every city, wherever the edict of the king went, there was joy and gladness among the Jews, with feasting and celebrating. And many people of other nationalities became Jews because fear of the Jews had seized them.

We can recognize God’s greatness and follow God, surrender our lives to His ways, become part of God’s family. The greatest praise we can give to God is not the lip service of our lives rather it is life-long obedience… the day upon day, hour upon hour recognition and submittal to God as Lord and Ruler and Director of our lives.

Many people seeking God’s hand on the Jews did just that, they gave their lives to following God!

Am I and are you following God? Have you surrendered to the Lord and adopted His ways as your ways? Do you seek obedience to God as a first order of business as you live hour upon hour or day upon day?

The Holy Spirit is asking me these questions as I write and meditate this morning. Am I God’s in the big and small deals of life?

God, may it be so of my life.  Help me to live a life of praise to You, one obedient act after another. And Lord, would my life, like Esther’s be an example to other to follow You, too. In Jesus name. Amen.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment