Wednesday, November 3: Esther 7- Comes a time when you gotta do it!

If I am honest with myself, much of the time prayer is a lot easier and safer than action. Maybe this isn’t true for you but it is often true for me.

What I mean is that it is easier for me to pray about doing something than to do that something. Prayer is never meant to be an escape from action rather prayer is a seeking the strength, guidance and leading of God so that we do the things God wants us to do. This chapter involves Esther doing what she had prayed about, seeking the king’s protection from the evil plot hatched by Haman.

When the moment arises Esther seizes it and pleads with the king for her people. God, behind the scenes, acts and the king grants her petition.  Haman is executed.

What tumbled in my heart and mind was action.  Prayer prepares us for action. There comes a time when we have to step up and do what we have praying about to God.

We have been praying for timing and wisdom to share Jesus with a friend. There comes a time to open our mouths and share.

We have been praying for a mission or ministry.  There comes a time to reach into our wallets and give to support them and/or volunteer time to support them.

We are praying for God to reveal knowledge of His will to us.  We best match our prayer with study of His word.

Prayer prepares us for action…

Spend a few moments reviewing your prayer life.  Are there some areas where your (and my) prayer lives need to translate into actions?!

Lord, what do You want me to DO for You today? Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment