Monday, July 25: Proverbs 5- Beware Adultery

The two words in the heading capture the essence of this chapter.  Beware Adultery.

How many lives are scandalized due to adultery? Presidents, governors, senators, congressmen, pastors, world leaders, celebrities and everyday people have lives torn by sexual indiscretion! Families are destroyed, legacies tarnished and futures unrealized because of adultery. Even though films and TV normalize sexual indiscretion, everyday lives are ripped apart by violating the advice of this proverb.

Think about it… For the lips of an adulteress drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword (5-6).

Lord, I am so thankful that, by Your grace, I have heeded the words of this proverb. Lord, I say this in a spirit of humility.  Keep me close to You, burn Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You or those I love most dearly in my life. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment