Thursday, July 14: 1Corinthians 12- T-E-A-M

I recently attended a Gospel concert with an Island/Jamaican flair. It was a great night. One of the soloist’s talked about TEAM – saying Together Everyone Accomplishes More. I liked that and as I turned to this morning’s reading I think Paul would like that, too.

Two topics dominate chapter 12:  Holy Spirit gifts/manifestations and teaching that the body needs to work together. One linkage between the two is accomplishing the common good and kingdom work.  We need the HS and all His gifts to do that.  We also need all the body of Christ working together, employing God’s gifts and callings for the common good and kingdom advance.

TEAM –Together Everyone Accomplishes More and the common good is best served and God’s kingdom is best advanced.

Take a deep look inside, the Spirit nudged. Are you using all the gifts God has given you?  Are you using them within and together with your local expression of the body of Christ?

Think about it.  I am…

Lord, You have given me gifts and abilities, education and experiences. I intentionally offer them back to You to be used in Your service, with how You see fit and within Your body and together with Your people… Use me… Please! In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment