Thursday, July 21: Proverbs 2- Wisdom.

Solomon offers his words as a foundation for his sons. The core of his words is to seek wisdom. [Y]ou will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding (5-6).

And the wisdom that God gives will help us discern good from evil, keep us from wandering from God’s path as well as sexual, monetary and other problems.

As I thought about this, it is true. God’s way does help me navigate the twists and turns of life. Fear God and one will find knowledge. In other places we are told that fearing God is the beginning of wisdom. Who of us doesn’t want knowledge and wisdom? I know I do.

And yet as I pondered all this, I recognized that God’s wisdom and knowledge is so much more than information. Information is part of it, but it is also a deep seated desire to act and do what is right and honorable and good in God’s eyes…

Lord, help me to attend to Solomon’s words, to fear You, O my God, and to open my life to Your knowledge and Your wisdom… In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment