Wednesday, July 20: Proverbs 1- Prudent.

   I appreciate the opening of Proverbs, which is the reason for its writings. I focused on the third ‘for;’ for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair. ‘Prudent’ isn’t an oft used word these days so I looked up synonyms: careful, cautious, sensible, practical, discreet. Quite a list. ‘Prudent’ certainly pairs well with ‘disciplined.’

But what caused me to reflect most was why one lives disciplined and prudent lives… so that we can do what is right and just and fair. Right… just… fair.  My the world would be a different place if people lived that way.

If attending to this book of Scripture will help produce that in me then this should be a wonderfully enriching read! I pray so…

I read once that Billy Graham took it upon himself to read one chapter of Proverbs a day which means he basically read Proverbs 12 times a year! Seems to me that he is living proof that attending to this book will help produce a discipline and prudent life, on what is right and just and fair.

Lord, as I read this book, I pray that You work on me, that You produce discipline and prudence in me so that my life reflects Your desires. Change me, Lord, file off the rough edges and cement up the broken pieces of my life, that I might be transformed into the likeness of Jesus, my Savior.  In His name I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment