Friday, January 10: Joshua 9- When we don't inquire.

The point of the Gibeonite story is quite clear and is delivered in verse 14. The men of Israel sampled their provisions but did not inquire of the LORD.

Joshua and the people of Israel trusted their human wisdom but neglected to inquire of God. And they got burned, duped, fooled.

God invites us to come to Him with any questions, thoughts, problem, dilemma, and decision. Two verses come to mind quickly.

Matthew 7:7-8 (Also Luke 11:9): "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

James 1:5: If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Joshua and the gang didn’t do this.

This passage raises the question in my soul, “Do I regularly inquire of the Lord regarding various decisions? Or do I just jump in with my best wisdom?”

This is a great question to wrestle with today.

Lord, thank You for always being there. Thank You for leading and guiding and for sending promptings when I don’t consult with You. Help me, Jesus, to rely less on only me and to come to You for the wisdom I cannot find on my own.

Praise You, Lord. In Your name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment