Wednesday, January 29: Judges 1- Working together.

Judah and Simeon joining together caught my eye as I was reading this morning. It is mentioned in verse 3. Then the men of Judah said to the Simeonites their brothers, "Come up with us into the territory allotted to us, to fight against the Canaanites. We in turn will go with you into yours." So the Simeonites went with them. The story goes on to explain the victories of Judah.

The chapter closes with this tribe and that one, who did not drive all the enemies out of their territory. It hit me that the tribes that tried to do it alone failed in dislodging the enemies but Judah, and presumably Simeon, were successful.

Working together increases our strength.

Judah was wise to propose this alliance with his brothers.

I pondered how God made us into a body and we need the other parts of the body to be successful. And it is not simply that we need the other parts, we are better off working with the other parts.  Because when we work together we have a more complete set of gifts, abilities, and help.

I am often a ‘do it myself’ kind of person. God seems to be pricking my bubble and inviting me to work in partnership more. How about you???

God, thank You for brothers and sisters in the body. For those who can come along side and help. Lord, it is not simply their physical efforts but their emotional presence that is such a gift. Help me to reach out and take advantage of Your gift of the body more. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment