Thursday, January 16: Joshua 14- Keeping One's Word.

Caleb’s story is one of keeping one’s word. Caleb kept his word.  He was faithful to God when he spied out the land and then all the years in the wilderness and initial battles for the Land. And the Lord kept His word, granting Caleb the land promised.

Keeping our word… that’s what I am hearing from the Lord as I read this morning. God wants us to be people of our word. When we speak we mean what we say. When we say ‘yes’ to something we follow through.

As I sit here this morning, I am reviewing the many times I have given my word and the many people to whom I have given my word. Would these people say I am a ‘word keeper’? Would recent history show I am a ‘word keeper’? Hopefully so. But even if our lives have been less than stellar in the ‘word keeping’ department, I can begin today to carve a new legacy… a legacy of ‘word keeping’.

Think about it…

Lord, help me to be a Caleb, a faithful man who lives in a way that honors You and will do what I say I will do. And, Lord, should You grant me 85 or more years, may I get to the end of my earthly life with vigor in my step and faithfulness to You as my legacy. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment