Saturday, January 25: Joshua 22- A job well done.

As I was reading, I kept thinking how faithful the Reubenites, Gadites and half tribe of Manasseh had been. For years they have been warring with their brothers as their families lived in the land of their inheritance.

It is time to go home after a job well done!

I started thinking about finishing well.

Many people start well, but the mark of a person is to finish well. Finishing well requires dedication, ‘stick-to-it-ness’ resolve and many other traits.

God longs for all His people to finish well.

Finishing well requires us to live well each day. I can dream about finishing well, but what I have to do is live well today, and then every today until the Lord brings me home.

A friend of mine lives by the motto: Faith-Focus-Finish. His goal is to finish well. And so is mine. How about you?

Lord, help me to live well today and to resolve to live well each and every day! This way, Lord, I will finish well. To Your honor and glory, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment