Wednesday, January 1: Joshua 1- Faithfulness to God first.

Most people I know want to be successful. Most people I know want to prosper. Many people I know want to make a difference for good and some want to make a difference for God in this world.

The Lord gives Joshua the first steps toward success, prosperity and becoming a difference maker in one’s life… Check out verses 7-8: Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Growing in understanding of and obedience to the words and instruction of the Lord… these are the critical first steps. God actually makes this point 3 times in cascading succession:

·         Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you;

·         Do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.

·         Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful

Once wisdom from God is gained then it will take strength and courage to toe the line, to live as God directs and to do the things God asks you to do. But one’s core (fidelity and faithfulness to the Lord) better be solid before we attempt courage and strength.

Given that today is the first of the year, the whisper of God into my heart was clear. What is my plan to consistently be in and grow from study, meditation and reading of God’s Word?

Seriously, do you have a plan to grow in God’s Word? This is step one in living a meaningful life…

Lord, give me strength and courage to create and follow through on a study plan of Your Word. And as I do this and grow in knowing You and Your ways and Wword, I pray for assignments that will make a difference in our world. A difference for You and for good in our world.

Lord, I am signing up to be part of Your kingdom advance in 2014. Teach me and I will do what You would have me do, no matter what!

In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment