Wednesday, January 22: Joshua 19- More than enough.

Verse 9: The inheritance of the Simeonites was taken from the share of Judah, because Judah's portion was more than they needed. So the Simeonites received their inheritance within the territory of Judah.

The words above in red caught my attention as I read today’s chapter.

When was the last time I released, let go of, or gave away something I had which was more than I needed? Answer: rarely.

How about you?

The text is silent concerning Judah’s role. Did they willingly give the land away or was it a directive from Joshua and the leaders? We don’t know.

Whatever the original situation, the whispers of the Spirit, in my spirit, go back to the question I asked myself above. When was the last time I released, let go of, or gave away something I had which was more than I needed?

My meditations moved to the practical:

·         I have more clothes and shoes than I need.

·         I have closets full of all kinds of stuff that is more than I need.

·         I have more books than I need.

·         I have more tools than I need.

I have a choice about what I will do with my excess. And so do you…

Lord, why is the thought of giving MY stuff away so hard? Lord, why am I so possessive of my stuff, or is it that my stuff possesses me? How is it, Lord, that this meditation is so troubling for me?

Lord, my heart is exposed… and what I am seeing in me is painful.

Help me, Lord. Help me. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment