Monday, November 9: Psalm 70- God hears us when we call.

Sometimes prayers have breadth and width. Sometimes they are a simple straightforward cry. Today’s Psalm is a cry. Verse 1 or verse 5 says it all:

Hasten, O God, to save me; come quickly, LORD, to help me (1).

But as for me, I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; LORD, do not delay (5).

How often in life this is the prayer I need to pray. No frills. No buttering up God. No long diatribe. Simply, help! Come quickly, save me, O God.

The Lord hears us when we pray.

What a fitting lesson from the Lord for today. God hears me when I call out to Him!

God hears you, too…

Lord, You are my help and my deliverer. No one or no thing can save me. You are the one and only, Lord God Almighty. I call to You in and through Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment