Saturday, November 7: Psalm 69- Connection with God NO matter what.

The thought of drowning frightens me. Something about sinking into the deep, exhausted and gurgling for breath causes me to tremble inside. Mine is a visceral reaction. So when I read this Psalm, terror overtakes me.

David’s words grip me. He is in trouble. People are coming at him from every side. David is in trouble and he calls out to the Lord (14-19).

How much do I rely on the Lord?

When I am in trouble, when life closes in on me, do I try to solve it myself or do I lean on the Lord like David does?

Do I have the connection and relationship with Jesus where I feel safe and comfortable talking with Him like David talks to the Lord… honestly, passionately, desperately?

So many of David’s songs are songs of desperation… his life was anything but gilded. And yet, despite the pain, trouble and heartache –some self-inflicted, much undeserved –David was passionate about his Lord. There was an intimacy, a connection, a relationship that bonded David to the Lord, NO MATTER WHAT.

Lord, I seek that same connection with You….an intimate, passionate, ‘I am Yours no matter what comes my way’ bonding. Through Jesus, my Lord and Savior, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment