Tuesday, November 10: Psalm 71- Remembrances.

My heart resonated with middle portion of this Psalm, where the psalmist recounts his long walk with the Lord. As the years of my walk with the Lord grows, 40 years of personal and intentional following of Jesus plus 19 more in a family that walked with Jesus, I appreciate the length of time and the constant faithfulness of the Lord over the decades. The psalmist’s words connected with me…

As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long— though I know not how to relate them all. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone. Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds (14-17).

My many years with the Lord serve to give me volumes of remembrances that I can share with others. God has been there since the beginning and God is still there. And the Lord will always be there… such is His ways.

God had things for me to do and say and God still has things for me to do. And He will have things for me to do until He calls me home to be with Him.

Lord, as my walk with You lengthens, my appreciation for You and love for You increases. Your faithfulness is unfailing and Your call is irrevocable. What would You have for me to do for You today?  What can I speak, what can I do to share my love for You with the world?  I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment