Tuesday, November 3: 2Timothy 2- Stay the course.

Throughout this chapter Paul challenges Timothy to stay the course, to keep strong in the Lord and to concentrate on the work before him. One summary verse catches Paul’s flavor, at least for me, this morning.

Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: … “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness” (19).

The Lord is our firm foundation. When the world and circumstances quake around us, God remains solid and the closer I am to the Lord, the more stable life will be in shifting times.

To stay close to the Lord I have decisions to make and character traits to develop. A start is to turn away from wickedness.

Some see God’s instructions to turn away from wickedness as burdensome rules. I like to think of them as guardrails on the side of a road. They separate me from danger and disaster. I don’t always honor the guardrails, but when I do, the way of life seems smoother, even when the circumstances of life are hard.

Today the word is a reminder to me… turn away from wickedness, watch my life and my living. Beware of danger. Live God’s way.

Lord, what I know I should do, I do not always do. I am a mixed bag of obedience and disobedience. Walk with me. Help me. Guide me. And Lord, the many times I stra,y forgive me. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment