Saturday, November 14: Psalm 75- Praising God who reigns on high .

The psalmist sings a song in praise of the Lord. As he does he writes a stanza as if the Lord is the speaker…

You say, “I choose the appointed time; it is I who judge with equity. When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm. To the arrogant I say, ‘Boast no more,’ and to the wicked, ‘Do not lift up your horns. Do not lift your horns against heaven; do not speak so defiantly (2-5).’ ”  

This stanza reminds me that our Lord, The Lord, judges all the earth and everyone in it.

This stanza reminds me that our Lord, The Lord, holds the earth and sustains it.

This stanza reminds me that our Lord, The Lord, confronts the wicked and upholds His position and honor as the Lord of All.

Our God is mighty… our God is the only true God. I join the psalmist in praising God who reigns on high…

We praise you, God, we praise you, for your Name is near; people tell of Your wonderful deeds (1).

This morning as the dark fades and light dawns, I sit before the Lord. He is awesome and mighty. He is God. His name is wonderful and I will be among those from around the world telling His mighty deeds for all to hear!

The Lord rules and reigns!

Praise You, Lord. You have carried me and the world another week. You have put Your glory in the heavens… all I see is Yours. Praise You, Lord. I will bow and surrender lovingly to You. Praise You. Praise Your name. Praise You, Almighty God –Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment