Wednesday, November 4: 2Timothy 3- Knowing Scripture is the Answer.

With a broad brush Paul paints a picture of life without God, although these people are pretending to be friends and teachers of God. In contras,t Paul mentions his way of life and he charges Timothy to recognize the difference, to live honorably himself and to the way of God clearly.

At the core the difference between imposters and real Christ-followers is Scripture. The Holy Scriptures will lead us toward God and will expose imposters.

Understanding and living according to the Holy Scripture is a believer’s surest defense against false teaching and faithless living.

It is wonderful to have faith-filled teachers, but questions that pound in my heart and mind this morning go like this

·         How well do I know the Holy Scriptures?

·         How diligently am I growing in Scripture based living?

·         Can I detect false teaching when I hear it?

God has given us a gift in His written word. We know it is true because it is God-breathed. God gave it to us for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work (16-17).

The words thoroughly equipped speak to me. When we know the Scriptures we have a sure and certain defense. We aren’t somewhat equipped or partially equipped, we are thoroughly equipped. We are prepared for any and every situation or false teaching/teacher who comes along.

Today God reminds me to be in His Word… regularly and deeply. Because it gives me everything I need to live faithfully and productively for God’s kingdom.

Halleluiah… Amen.

Thank You, Lord God Almighty for Your Word. It has everything I need to live faithfully for You!!! Thank You, Lord. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment