Tuesday, November 24: Matthew 8- Word and deed.

Clearly Jesus has a teaching component to His ministry (chapters 5-7 are an apt example). But now with chapter 8, Matthew makes sure we see that Jesus has an action-oriented, demonstration aspect to His ministry as well!

Healing leprosy…

He healed someone outside the Jewish faith…

He heals and drives out demons from many…

Does a little teaching on the cost of following Him…

Calms a storm…

Then dramatically delivers to other men...

Quite a chapter.

What I see is that the faith of Jesus is word and deed, internal belief and external action. The faith of Jesus includes the transfer of information/truth in the mind (heart) into action of the hands and feet.

Like Jesus, I am to demonstrate my faith through my life and actions. The same goes for you, too.

Lord, over the years I have stuffed much information into my mind.  Help me to let it out in actions, speaking and acting as You would in the various situations in which I find myself.  I pray this so that Your glory will advance across the world. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment