Friday, April 29: Psalm 92- To be with God's people.

A psalm. A song. For the Sabbath day. Eight simple words and yet they launched me into meditation.

What a joy it is for me to gather with God’s family and worship. Being part of a group that is praising God in full voice. Gathering with others to bless the Lord and pray for one another and our world. Meeting together to hear God’s Word and encourage one another to love and good deeds in the name of the Lord. Participating in those sacred moments of bread and cup and baptismal waters. Hearing people confess Jesus as Lord and inviting them into God’s family, standing alongside of people in need and lifting up those who have fallen.

Such are the joys of the Lord’s Day and Sabbath and being with God’s people and praising our God for who He is and what He has done and is doing…

The psalmist wonderfully sings:

It is good to praise the LORD

and make music to your name, O Most High,

proclaiming your love in the morning

and your faithfulness at night,

to the music of the ten-stringed lyre

and the melody of the harp.

For you make me glad by your deeds, LORD;

I sing for joy at what your hands have done.

How great are your works, LORD,

how profound your thoughts! (1-5)

And he gives us these lyrics to be sung as God’s people standing together lifting our voices in one voice to the Lord, God, Almighty.

What a joy that is!

I long for Sunday, the Lord’s Day, the day I will stand with God’s family and praise God’s name.

Only two more days and I get to participate again in my weekly ritual of joy, we call worship.

Praise You, Lord God. My God, my Savior, my Lord. It is good to praise You and to make music to Your name, Oh Most High. Halleluiah Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment