Saturday, April 16: Exodus 30- .

I noticed that the last two items: the anointing oil and the incense, were only to be used in the service of the Lord. And anyone who made a similar product for any other use was to be cut off from the people. A very harsh punishment. Clearly the Lord is serious that these two products were exclusively for use at the Tabernacle and only for the expressed purposes that were directed!

God being God has the right to demand whatever He wants from us, no questions asked. These two products are used in most holy rituals of anointing and as a fragrance offering that is always before the Lord. They are exclusively used in the holy worship of God. No generics… it is the same recipe and no copying.

I thought about medications that have a copyright, no one is allowed to make a generic version for a legislated number of years. But with Tabernacle items it is a forever copyright, one God takes very seriously.

This is the same exclusivity that God expects of us with regard to worship of Him. The Lord expects that we will serve Him and Him alone.

God allows no room for other gods; the first commandment, I am the Lord your God and you shall have no other gods before me (Exodus 20:3, Deuteronomy 5:7).

God expects exclusive devotion to Him.  As I move toward prayer, I sense a need to examine my life to see if I am inviting any other gods into my life. Am I trusting in anything, in addition to the Lord? Do I listen to any other voices when I make decisions, in addition to the Lord?... And so the questions go as I probe my life...

Lord, show me where I entertain other gods or voices that are contrary and additional to Your voice. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment