Friday, May 26: 2Samuel 8- Dedicated to the Lord.

This chapter sums up many of David’s years as king. Beyond all the exploits, one line captured David’s heart for me. King David dedicated these articles to the LORD, as he had done with the silver and gold from all the nations he had subdued (11).

As his fame and might rose, David continues to remain dedicated solely to the Lord.

Were someone to chronicle my life, I wondered, would it be obvious to them that I remained dedicated solely to the Lord as David was?

What in my life would be evidence of my dedication? My giving? My serving? My character? My words? My manner of life? My use of godly disciplines?

If I am truly dedicated solely to the Lord then my life will show it…

Oh, Lord, show me many ways that I can put my dedication to You in practice. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment