Thursday, May 18: 2Samuel 1- Is faithfulness to the Lord a highest priority in your life?.

It hit me that Saul and Jonathan were killed in the battle David was dismissed from fighting. How would things have looked if David and his men were part of the battle that killed Saul? Well, that eventuality was never faced because the Lord arranged for David to be kept from that battle.

Now in today’s reading we hear how an Amalekite thought he was doing David a favor by making sure Saul was dead.

Though Saul was trying to kill David, David was heartbroken to learn of Saul’s and Jonathan’s deaths.  David had a profound honor for Saul as the Lord’s anointed. Despite their personal problems, David honored Saul because of his love and honor for the Lord who anointed Saul.

We saw multiple times how David refused to harm Saul. Now he weeps for his death.

David was a man of action and passion but faithfulness to the Lord was always of highest priority for David.

The phrase ‘faithfulness to the Lord was always highest priority’ hit me. Is that true of me???

Making faithfulness to the Lord his highest priority was what made David a man after God’s own heart.

Faithfulness to the Lord as my highest priority… that is a profound thought. Can I truly live into it?

Oh, Lord God, may it be so. May I have the strength, the wherewithal and the drive to make You my highest priority. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment