Monday, May 15: 1Samuel 29- God who intervenes.

I wonder what David would have done had he engaged in the battle against Saul and the forces of Israel? We will never know because God provided a way out. The other Philistine rulers refused to have David go into battle with them, so David was sent back.

I began to think about situations that God worked out, those situations where I was concerned about something and then God smoothed the path. The Lord is a mighty God and I have so much to be thankful for… His care, His provision, His going before me.

I paused and thanked the Lord for any number of situations that came to mind where His hand brought an answer. God is so good and my heart is warming as I remember some of His mighty acts.

Then this got me wondering about how many times God intervened and I had no clue about what God did… a texting driver who looked up with just enough time to avoid hitting me, a virus God cast from my body before it could manifest into disease, and so on.

I found myself delighting in the Lord and His care for me and others I know and love. I, we, serve a mighty and great God when we serve and follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above you heavenly host. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost…

Oh, Lord God, I have no way of knowing where I might be if it were not for Your grace and providential care… Your hand watching over me. I am sorry for my sin and the ways I have dragged Your name through the mud by my actions. I am sorry for all the times I have been faithless and repaid Your goodness with bad behavior in return. Thank You for forgiveness and for loving me at all time. I bless You and I praise You. Through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment