Monday, October 2: Esther 8- What's the point.

I was drawn to the final words of this chapter. God would save His people, the Jews. However, was that the only point? According to verse 17b apparently not. And many people of other nationalities became Jews because fear of the Jews had seized them. Seeing the work of God, others were drawn to faith in the Lord.

Expansion of His ‘family’ seems to me is often God’s larger point.

Certainly God cares, watches over and protects His people. But God can and does more than that as He watches over His people. He is drawing other people to Himself. From Abram’s call from the Lord that God would bless many nations through Abram through the New Testament, God’s desire is to draw people from every tribe and nation to Himself.

So many of the miracles of the New Testament Church are ‘advertisements’ to the greatness of the Lord and invitation for others to come to Him. God is passionate about His name and fame being spread across this globe.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

This thought gives me pause. What am I doing to be useful to the Lord to advance His name across the world?

Lord, open my eyes to Your bigger picture. You do so much more than immediately meets the eye. You preserve Your church but the purpose is that we, Your church, will make disciples to the ends of the earth. You have a passion for people to be introduced to You. Help me to think more about that as I live my life. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment