Monday, October 9: John 4- I am he.

The sweeping moves of Jesus in John’s gospel almost cause me to gasp. We are barely into the gospel and the author and Jesus, Himself, have made incredible statements about who Jesus is (John 1 and 3). As if to confirm this, Jesus has performed miracles, drawing people to Himself. He has crossed ethnic cultural boundaries taking God’s gospel message to Samaritans through a woman. The result is, many in one Samaritan town, accepting His message and believing.

The works of Jesus, the message of Jesus is exhilarating and liberating. He is the fountain of living water (10). With that word picture Jesus offers the woman and us that which is the fountain of life... Himself. God’s Messiah... I who speak to you am he (26).

Jesus continues to offer Himself to us today and every day the world exists.

I sit and bless God, the Father for the gift of Jesus.

I sit and bless Jesus for coming and offering Himself as the way of salvation.

I sit and bless the Holy Spirit for opening my eyes to Jesus so that I might believe and be saved.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise him all creatures here below. Praise him above you heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost...

Thank You Jesus for offering yourself to that woman and through her offering Yourself to the world and to me! Amen and amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment