Thursday, October 12: John 7- Who is Jesus to you?.

On hearing his words, some of the people said, “Surely this man is the Prophet.” Others said, “He is the Messiah.” Still others asked, “How can the Messiah come from Galilee? (40-41).

People were divided as to who they thought Jesus was. Some thought one thing and some another. Pharisees thought he was a liar and a blasphemer.

The gamut was as wide in Jesus’ day as it is today. Today some believe He is Messiah, others think He was a great religious teacher and no more. Still others think He and religion is all fake, made up by weak people who need something in which to believe.

I guess little has changed in the 2 millennia since Jesus’ day. The same question still remains… who do you think Jesus was/is?

I believe He is God’s Messiah and God Himself.  I am proud to say so and I pray you come to the place in life where you believe this, too.

Jesus, I look forward to the day when everyone will proclaim You Lord. As Paul writes in Philippians, ‘every knee will bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth’. Halleluiah. In Your name I pray, Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment