Wednesday, October 4: Esther 10- What kind of legacy are you crafting?.

Mordecai the Jew was second in rank to King Xerxes, preeminent among the Jews, and held in high esteem by his many fellow Jews, because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews (3).

Interesting isn’t it that the title of the book is Esther, and yet the closing remarks are about Mordecai who could easily be considered the central person of the book.

Be that as it may, I was brought to a stop reading the final words about Mordecai. I wondered, what my legacy will be. What will I be known for after the days of my ‘book’ are closed?

Will I serve the Lord with vigor as Mordecai did? Will I work for the good of all God’s people as Mordecai did? Will I be scrupulous and conspicuous in my service of Jesus as Mordecai was lying at the gate refusing to pay homage to a man, and being honest and forth right in exposing evil for integrity sake not personal gain?

Will I?

Will you?

Lord, in my remaining years how can I set my legacy as a man who loved and served You, Your people and Your world? I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment