Friday, August 31: Acts 20- Fully devoted?.

Whenever I come to this chapter I am always impressed by the words spoken to the Ephesian elders. During today's read the words that caught me come from verse 24. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace.  It is the middle section that put its claws into me: my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me…

Oh, God, my heart jumps. Would that I could speak those words as I live the remainder of my life.

I know I am not there yet. My life is divided for example… I am a husband, father, and grandfather. Each of these come with responsibilities that take time and resources. While I desire to bring all things captive to my faith, sometimes I wonder if these responsibilities divert me from completing the tasks Jesus has for me. At the same time I also know that God wants me to execute these responsibilities with faith and grace.

I also know that personally, selfishness rises up within me and diverts me from the things of Jesus.

I return to my prayer…

Oh, God, my heart jumps. My heart desires that these words could be my words as I move through the remainder of my life. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment