Wednesday, September 5: Acts 24- Time.

Time…

When two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but because Felix wanted to grant a favor to the Jews, he left Paul in prison (27). Two years, over 700 days, Paul spent in prison only to have Felix transfer power to Festus…no decision being made so Paul remained in prison.

Time, two years of seemingly wasted time, Paul sits in prison.

God's will can be strange. Prison, sickness, a horrible situation, persecution, all manner of difficulty and yet it is God's will.

Remaining faithful when you don't understand...

I have been there. I suspect we all have been there. And we are in company of great and small alike.

Am I faithful no matter the season of life?

Are you faithful no matter the season of life?

Being faithful in all seasons, that is what God is reminding me about as I consider Paul and the two years that he spent in prison under Felix.

Oh, God, to be faithful in all seasons, good times, bad times and in all the times in between. To be faithful. This is my prayer, prayed in the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment