Thursday, September 6: Acts 25- Lord, help me to be faithful.

Two chapters ago, when Paul was arrested, God said to him, Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome (Acts 23:11). Since then we have been reading the account of God bringing to pass His word to Paul.

Writing history, Luke is able to look back and report the various events that took Paul to Rome. Paul, however, had to live it, day by day, year by year. Yesterday two years passed in a matter of a few sentence. Today another 2 weeks pass with Paul appearing before Festus and King Agrippa. For years, Paul has been living with uncertainty, not knowing what would happen around the next corner of life.

Life is like that for most of us. We may not be in prison, living with the treat of death hanging over us but we, too, do not know what tomorrow will bring. Life and health and work can change in the blink of an eye. We are living God's journey for our lives day by day, year by year.

At every point Paul was faithful. Whether traveling and founding churches or now in prison, Paul lived each day with an eye toward being faithful to the Lord. When he had a chance to speak of Jesus, he did.

I am thinking about being faithful as I live my days. I have some idea what will happen today,

Lord, Help me to be faithful.

In all likelihood, today will bring some surprises,

Lord, Help me to be faithful.

If life should turn topsy-turvy,

Lord, Help me to be faithful.

When life is boring and mundane,

Lord, Help me to be faithful.

When times present themselves with opportunities to speak of You,

Lord, Help me to be faithful.

Thank You, Lord, for the opportunity to live… to be a light for You in a dark and uncertain world. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment